Friday, March 5, 2010

Garmin 305 Forerunner

I have been completely enjoying the 305.  Last night I even cracked open the users manual and figured out how to modify the fields on the display to show just the items I want to see while running, prior to that the heart rate was so small up in the corner it was really tough to read.

I think the thing I like most about having the Garmin is just getting out there and running, not worrying about trying to remember where I'm running so I can map it later (and yes I have to know these things, as I'm a bit of an information junkie).

The Garmin Connect website is great too, I really like the way it displays/overlaps each workouts information...Here is an example of one of my latest neighborhood runs: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/26099871 

The four items I have it displaying now are: Current Pace, Overall Time, Heart Rate, and Total Distance.

Now that I have the Garmin, I've been paying close attention to my heart rate, and I have taken my run training down a notch, at least for most runs, like easy and long runs, and I'm still kicking it up there for the tempo or speedwork types.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to get one of these. They look like a great investment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I really wanted the 310xt, but couldn't justify spending $400 on it. I think $160 for the 305 is a good investment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to resist getting one. My trusty Timex Ironman is seeing some serious wear, and the battery is going dead in my Polar HRM. I may end up getting something soon, but I know I don't "NEED" a Garmin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully soon I'm going to start playing with my 305. A guy is coming from USA to Brazil with my new toy, hopefully! I totally agree with you on the price of the 310x - it's too expensive! Also, I'm tired of memorizing the route I ran to get the total distance. I'm glad you're enjoying your new toy, Scott.

    ReplyDelete